Telegram is a cloud-based messenger android application with unified sync. The Telegram application permits users to share a limitless numeral of images, videos, and documents files i.e. doc, zip, mp3, etc. of up to the size of 1.5 GB each. Telegram facilitates you to create groups for up to two hundred thousand people or create channels with unlimited audiences for broadcasting.
Telegram Channel users Boost
In 2018, five hundred thousand (five lacs) people joined the Telegram app on daily basis and the Telegram audience touched 200 million people. With unique and user-friendly features, Telegram is a dominant tool that permits to discuss in instant messages, create and manage channels, set up bots, and many other features.
Telegram Channels and Telegram Groups
The Telegram groups and channels are different features of the telegram app. Telegram groups are best for medium and small team associations in which you can enhance members up to two lacs (200,000) people. On the other hand, Telegram Channel enables you to send messages to an unlimited number of subscribers. It is also the best tool for broadcasting.
It is very simple for Telegram users to create a channel or Telegram group and it needs to follow a few simple steps to create a Telegram group or Telegram Channel. These steps are not the same for Android, Windows, and iPhone. There are three different ways according to the platforms. Here is the detail to create Telegram Channel using Android and iPhone.
Introduction to Telegram channel
How to create a Telegram channel using Android
Using Android, follow the below-given steps to create a Telegram Channel:
Step 1: Download the Telegram app from the google play store.
Step 2: Open the Telegram app on your Android device
Step 3: Click on the circular Pencil icon on the home page.
Step 4: Click on New Channel in the given options.
Step 5: A new page will be open and enter Channel name, add a picture and description and click on Tick icon.
Step 6: Select Channel Type Public Channel or Private Channel.
Note: suppose, you select the Public option now you need to write a user name that is shared publicly. If you select the Private option then you’ll get a private joining link which is used to join your channel or share with people to join your channel.
Step 7: After choosing an option to click the Tick icon and select the members you are willing to add to your channel.
Step 8: At last, click on the Tick icon.
How to create a Telegram channel using iPhone
iPhone users can also create a Telegram Channel and below is the step by step guide to creating a Telegram Channel using iPhone:
Step 1: First of all, open the Telegram app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Then, start a New message
Step 3: Click on the ‘New Channel‘ from the available options.
After that, you require to select the Create Channel option and follow the same steps as followed in the Android.
Remember, when you post something or any photo, video, or file, the message, photo, video, or file is signed with the Channel name, not with yours. Furthermore, if you have a channel with a large audience or need the help of someone to manage your channel, you can authorize any subscriber as administrators to assist you to manage the channel.
Some useful piece of information’s regarding the Telegram channel you need to know are as under:
- Telegram Channel must be comprised of 05-32 characters.
- Channel name and bio characters limit is 255 long.
- You can create up to ten public channels per account.
- For Telegram Channel, the number of subscribers is unlimited.
- 200 users are allowed to invite to join your channel from the contacts list.
- The administrator’s limit is 50 in a Telegram Channel.
- 20 bots can be activated in Telegram Channel.
- You have the option to edit content within two days of publication.
- To delete a Telegram channel with over 1000 subscribers, need to contact the customer support team.
Set up your Telegram channel
However, your content and promotion approach certainly affect your subscriber base and conversion rates, which is not the single element that matters. The visual or graphical elements of your channel are similarly essential. Actually, the design scheme is the initial object to attract a potential subscriber to, even though unintentionally.
The primary design components of your Telegram channel contain a name, bio (brief description), and avatar. Your bio must be:
- clear; and
Try to complete a concise and clear bio with all necessary information in 200 characters out of 255 character limit. So, users will be capable to understand easily within few seconds. Disclose the purpose of your channel and provide contact information. For example, you can add a bot name, link to your pricing plans, etc.
The face of your Telegram Channel is an avatar. Avatar is responsible for suggesting the true associations in thinking of your target audience. The recommended image to use as the avatar is the corporate logo which roots a better brand recognition. If you have a look, a round avatar is used in the Telegram channel. Telegram App automatically does that, you just need to upload an image of 300x300px as an avatar. Make sure the essential elements of your design are organized in the middle of the image.
There are three ways for getting a logo for your Telegram avatar:
- Select the suitable image on a stock photography website. The pros include a big selection of designs and easy search by theme. On the flip side, you can never be certain that your photo is not being used by any other person.
- Hire a professional individual to design a logo for your company or business. You will get a unique professional logo that’s fitted to your business, company, or brand personality. This is not free and you may pay someone against his services.
- You can also use online free logo maker websites to create logos i.e. Logaster. Submit your Telegram Channel Name, Choose your related industry and select the best logo in dozens of free attractive options.
Click on the Menu icon and choose Manage Channel to upload a logo.
Tap on “Save”. Congratulations! Now your Telegram channel has an avatar!
Manage your Telegram channel
The creator of the channel turns into its administrator automatically. You can also add more administrators from the subscriber’s list to help you in managing the channel. You can give full or limited rights to each admin to manage the channel. For example, you can permit an administrator to publish and edit content however silencing the powers to add new subscribers.
Select: Settings – Manage Channel – Administrators – Add administrator. Choose any suitable subscribers from your list. On your screen, a new window will appear. Select the privileges you’re willing to provide to your administrator and click “Save”.
Hashtags are a fast technique to catch the correct information on social media. To set your content out there, be assured to add hashtags to your every post. We have two cool pieces of advice to share with you:
- Don’t use compound hashtags that contain more than two words. If you use a hashtag similar to #marketingnewsinuk, divide it into single words hashtags i.e: “#marketing, #news, #uk.
- Your hashtags# must be in the target audience language.
You may like it?