PPSC NTS FPSC Computer Operator DEO Jobs solved Sample paper
PPSC NTS FPSC Computer Operator DEO Jobs solved Sample paper is available for the guidance of students.
1.. C’ in CPU denotes__________?
a) Central b) Common
c) Convenient d) Computer
e) None of these
Which of the following uses a handheld operating system?
a) Supercomputer b) personal computer
c) Laptop d) PDA
e) None of these
3. To display the contents of a folder in Windows Explorer you should_________?
a) click on it b) collapse it c) name it
d) give it a password e) None of the
4. The CPU comprises of Control, Memory and ____________ units.
a) Microprocessor b) Arithmetic/Logic c) Output
d) ROM e) None of these
5. ___________is the most important/powerful computer in a typical network
a) Desktop b) Network client c) Network server
d) Network station e) None of the
6. A(n)____________ appearing on a web page opens another document when clicked.
a) anchor b) URL c) hyperlink
d) reference e) None of the
7. Which of the following refers to the rectangular area for displaying information and running programs?
a) Desktop b) Dialog box c) Menu
d) Window e) None of these
8. ___________is a windows utility program that locates and eliminates unnecessary fragments and rearranges filed and unused disk space to optimize operations.
a) Backup b) Disk cleanup c) Disk defragmenter
d) Restore e) None of these
9. Which of the following refers to too much electricity and may cause a voltage surge?
a) Anomaly b) Shock c) Spike
d) Virus e) None of these
10. The software that is used to create text-based documents are referred to as ___________?
a) DBMS b) Suites c) Spreadsheets
d) Word processors e) None of these
11. ____________ devices convert human-understandable data and programs into a form that the computer can process.
a) Printing b) Output c) Solid-state
d) Input e) None of these
12. Allows users to upload files to an online site so they can be viewed and edited from another location?
a) General purpose applications b) Microsoft Outlook c) Web-hosted technology
d) Office live e) None of these
13. What feature adjusts the top and bottom margins so that the text is centered vertically on the printed page?
a) Vertical justifying b) Vertical adjusting c) Dual centering
d) Horizontal centering e) None of these
14. Which of these is not a means of personal communication on the internet?
a) Chat b) Instant messaging c) Instanotes
d) Electronic mail e) None of these
15. What is the overall term for creating editing, formatting, storing, retrieving, and printing a text document?
a)Word processing b)Spreadsheetdesign c)Web design
d) Database management e) None of these
16. Fourth generation mobile technology provides enhanced capabilities allowing the transfer of both______ data, including full-motion video, high-speed internet access, and video conferencing.
a) video data and information b) voice and non-voice c) music and video
d) video and audio e) None of these
17.______________ is a form of denial of service attack in which a hostile client repeatedly sends SYN packets to every port on the server using fake IP addresses.
a) Cybergaming crime b) Memory shaving c) Syn flooding
d) Software piracy e) None of these
18. Which of these is a point and draw device?
a) Mouse b) Scanner c) Printer
d) CD-ROM e) None of these
19. A set of rules for telling the computer what operations to perform is called a
a) procedural language b) structures c) natural language
d) programming language e) None of these
20. A detailed written description of the programming cycle and the program, along with the test results and a printout of the program is called
a) documentation b) output c) reporting
d) spec sheets e) None of these
21. Forms that are used to organize business data into rows and columns are called
a) transaction sheets b) registers c) business forms
d) spread sheets e) None of these
22. In power point, the header and footer button can be found on the insert tab in what group?
a) Illustrations group b) Object group c) Text group
d) Tables group e) None of these
23. A(n)__________ is a set of programs designed to manage the resources of a computer, including starting the computer, managing programs, managing memory and coordinating tasks between input and output devices.
a) application suite b) compiler c) input/output system
d) operating system e) None of these
24. A typical slide in a slide presentation would not include
a) photo images charts, and graphs b) graphs and clip art c) clip art and audio clips
d) full motion video e) None of these
25. The PC productivity tool that manipulates data organized in rows and column is called
a) spreadsheet b) word processing document c) presentation mechanism
d) database record manager e) None of these
26. In the absence of parentheses, the order of operation is
a) exponentiation, addition of subtraction, multiplication of division
b) addition or subtraction, multiplication or division, exponentiation
c) multiplication or division, exponentiation, addition or subtraction
d) exponentiation, multiplication or division, addition of subtraction
e) None of these
27. To find the Paste Special option, you use the clipboard group on the________________ tab of powerpoint
28. A(n) ____________program is one that is ready to run and does not need to be altered in any way.
29. Usually downloaded into folders that hold temporary internet files, _________are written to your computer’s hard disk by some of the websites you visit.
30. What is the easiest way to change the phrase, revenues, profits, gross margin, to read revenues, profits, and gross margin?
31. A program either talk or music, that is made available in digital format for automatic download over the internet is called
32. Which powerpoint view displays each slide of the presentation as a thumbnail and is useful for rearranging slides?
33. Different components on the motherboard of a PC unit are linked together by sets of parallel electrical conducting lines. What are these lines called?
34. What is the name given to those applications that combine text, sound, graphics, motion video, and/or animation?
35. A USB communication device that supports data encryption for secure wireless communication for notebook users is called
a) USB wireless network adapter b) wireless switch
36. A(n) __________language reflects the way people think mathematically.
37. When entering text within a document, the Enter key is normally pressed at the end of every
38. When a real time telephone call between people is made over the Internet using computers, it is called
39. Which of the following is the first step in sizing a window?
40. Which of the following software could assist someone who cannot use their hands for computer input?
41. ___________a document means the file is transferred from another computer to your computer
42. Which computer memory is used for storing programs and data currently being processed by the CPU?
43. Computers that control processes accept data in a continuous
44. What refers to a set of characters of a particular design?
45.__________ is used by public and private enterprises to publish and share financial information with each other and industry analysis across all computer platforms and the Internet.
46. Which part of the computer is used for calculating and comparing?
47. The method of Internet access that requires a phone line, but offers faster access speeds than dial- up is the ________________ connection.
48. _______________ software creates a mirror image of the entire hard disk, including the operating system, applications, files and data.
49. What is a URL?
50. What is the significance of a faded (dimmed) command in a pull-down menu?
PPSC NTS FPSC Computer Operator DEO Jobs solved Sample paper
51. Your business has contracted with another company to have them host and run an application for your company over the Internet. The company providing this service to your business is called an
52. A(n)_________ allows you to access your e-mail from anywhere.
53. Which of the following would you find on Linkedin?
54. ________is a technique that is used to send more than one call over a single line.
55. The search companion can
56. Which of the following cannot be part of an e-mail address?
57. Which of the following must be contained in a URL?
58. Which of the following information systems focuses on making manufacturing processes more efficient and of higher quality?
a) Computer aided manufacturing
59. A mistake in an algorithm that causes incorrect results is called a
60. A device for changing the connection on a connector to a different configuration is
62. The CPU also called the … when talking about PCs, does the vast majority of the processing for a computer.
63. A computer’s type, processor and operating system define its …
64. A kiosk
65. The part of the CPU that accesses and decodes programme instructions, and coordinates the flow of data among various system components is the.
66. Computer programs are written in a high level programming language, however, the human readable version of a program is called
67. What is the difference between a CD-ROM and a CD-RW?
68. What is the term for how words will appear on a page?
69. The process of a computer receiving information form a server on the Internet is known as
70. When sending an e-mail, the … line describe the contents of the message
71. All the deleted files go to
72. You organise files by storing them in
73. A website address is a unique name that identifies a specific on the web
74. are specially designed computer chips that reside inside o ther devices, such as your car or your electronic thermostat
c) Robotic computers d) Mainframes